Manager, Recruiting and Human Resources - London
Spire Europe Limited seeks an experienced generalist to take ownership of the firm’s recruiting and human resources functions. Spire Europe is an FCA-authorised firm based in central London. The firm engages in proprietary trading over exchanges, MTFs, and other markets in Europe. Spire Europe is affiliated with Tower Research Capital LLC in the United States.
The Manager will be based in the firm’s London office and will report to both Spire Europe’s Managing Director and to Tower Research Capital’s Global Head of Recruiting and Human Resources in New York.
The successful candidate will have at least five years of recruiting and human resources experience, including:
- Direct experience developing and executing strategies for (a) attracting top technical talent and (b) hiring experienced candidates and senior managers
- Exposure to payroll management, benefits administration, employee onboarding and offboarding, employee relations and performance management, and/or labor-law compliance
Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to reprioritize at any moment
- A gift for building relationships and experience as an organizational leader
- A preference for finding the best solutions (not necessarily the easiest) to problems of all sizes
To start, the Manager will be the sole UK representative of a global Recruiting and Human Resources team, so while he or she will have remote support, we will expect him or her to partner with Spire Europe’s Managing Director and other managers to identify and address needs pro-actively. Initially, the Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Exercising discretion by designing and improving organizational processes for our growing team and firm.
- Formulating Spire Europe’s hiring strategy and managing each candidate’s relationship with our firm, from the experienced trader submitted by a third-party recruiter to the recent graduate applying for a developer position. Whether the Manager is contacting a former candidate regarding a new opportunity or extending an offer of employment, he or she will be the face of Spire Europe.
- Supporting and developing our employees, whether the Manager is facilitating a performance review or brainstorming ways to improve a team’s communication across offices and time zones.
- Coordinating the firm’s entire payroll process, including all employee reports and filings (e.g., Form P11D).
- Coordinating the firm’s benefit programs, including our medical, dental, and pension schemes, and ensuring that our benefits package remains competitive by industry standards.
- Welcoming new employees to Spire Europe and coordinating with team members in New York to manage their work authorization needs.
- Facilitating decision-making across local and global teams, whether the Manager is working with the management team to identify a hiring need or a committee to develop a policy.
The Manager may be required to travel locally and/or internationally from time to time for recruiting and/or training purposes.
- Competitive salary
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- 25 days of paid holiday per year plus bank and public holidays
- Pension, medical, and dental schemes
- Gym membership
Please send your resume (including GPA) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please entitle your e-mail “HR Manager London: [Your Name]” and answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Why are you a strong candidate for this position?
3. When would you be available to begin work?
Spire Europe is not accepting third-party resume submissions for this position.