Manager, Recruiting and Human Resources - India
Tower Research Capital India Pvt. Ltd., an affiliate of the high-frequency proprietary trading firm Tower Research Capital LLC, seeks a Manager of Recruiting and Human Resources to manage the firm’s recruiting initiatives in India. The Manager will be based in the Gurgaon office and report to the Executive Director of Recruiting and Human Resources in New York.
Tower India is not a typical company, and this is not an average HR position. Likewise, you will have to be unusually talented to score an interview. Our ideal candidate is willing to make at least a two-year commitment and is:
Smart: You should have a high GPA from a top-tier university (we target alumni of and students at the IITs and other schools with strong computer science programs). We will expect you to apply your excellent critical-thinking skills to both time-sensitive and unprecedented situations every day, creating new and modifying existing systems as you go.
Organized: “Detail-oriented” only begins to describe our ideal candidate. There are hundreds of candidates to track and thousands of details to remember, so a passion for meticulous organization is required.
Self-motivated: While many job descriptions include this criterion, we mean it. You be responsible for every step of the recruiting process, from identifying candidates to welcoming them aboard.
Outgoing: Whether you are giving a tour of Tower India’s office or representing Tower India at a career fair, we want you to reflect our spirit—hardworking, fun-loving, focused on the important stuff, and laid-back about the other stuff. As many of Tower India’s most promising candidates are also courted by other firms, an important component of your job will be communicating that Tower India is part of a successful career path (and it is).
In addition, you must have:
- At least five years of recruiting experience, including direct experience developing and executing strategies for (a) attracting top technical talent and (b) hiring experienced candidates and senior managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hindi (you noticed and mentally corrected the typo in this job description)
- The ability to reprioritize at any moment, as much as you would like to continue crossing items off of your to-do list
- A gift for building relationships and experience as an organizational leader
- A preference for finding the best solutions (not necessarily the easiest) to problems of all sizes
- The indefinite right to work in India
- Managing each candidate’s relationship with Tower India, from the experienced developer submitted by a third-party recruiter to the college student applying for an internship. Whether you are contacting a former candidate regarding a new opportunity or extending an offer of employment, you will be on the front lines.
- Overseeing and coordinating Tower India’s on-campus recruiting efforts at several schools. From liaising with career services to crafting recruiting materials, you will be responsible for recruiting the best students from those institutions.
- Welcoming new employees to Tower India and coordinating with the New York-based Recruiting and Human Resources team to manage their work authorization needs.
- Facilitating decision-making across Tower India’s teams, whether you are working with a hiring manager to perfect a job description or following-up with an interviewer about a candidate’s performance.
- Managing Tower India's group insurance plans.
- Exercising your discretion by designing and improving organizational processes for our growing team and firm.
You may be required to travel locally and/or internationally from time to time for recruiting and/or training purposes.
- Competitive salary
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year
- Lunch and dinner on a daily basis
- Cab facility within Gurgaon
- Health club allowances
Please send your resume (including GPA) and cover letter to email@example.com. Please entitle your e-mail “Manager: [Your Name]” and answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Why are you a strong candidate for this position?
3. When would you be available to begin work?
4. What is your compensation history?
5. What are your compensation expectations?
Tower Research Capital India Pvt. Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.