Infrastructure Developer (On-Campus Recruiting)
Tower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, seeks software developers. Tower’s in-house trading system—one of the fastest and most comprehensive in the world—enables the firm to execute algorithmic trading strategies based on patterns in market behavior. As members of Tower’s Infrastructure team, Infrastructure Developers enhance this robust, resilient, and blindingly fast trading platform.
As an Infrastructure Developer, you will expand Tower’s global trading capabilities. You will shape the future of this lucrative industry while working alongside other exceptional developers and traders to solve some of the most challenging engineering problems in the world. Your responsibilities will include the following, which will require you to exercise discretion and independent judgment:
- Augmenting, improving, redesigning, and/or re-implementing Tower’s low-latency/high-throughput production trading environment, which collects data from and disseminates orders to exchanges around the world
- Optimizing this platform by using network and systems programming, as well as other advanced techniques
- Developing systems that provide easy access to historical market data and trading simulations
- Building risk-management and performance-tracking tools
- Shaping the future of Tower through regular interviewing and infrequent campus recruiting trips
Tower encourages PhD, bachelor’s, and master’s students in computer science, electrical engineering, and related fields to apply. Requirements include:
- A strong background in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming, preferably in C++ or Java
- Brilliant problem-solving abilities
- A passion for new technologies and ideas
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- A working knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of Python or Perl and shell scripts (a plus)
Financial experience is not required.
Tower's main office and garden roofdeck are located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonuses
- 401(k) with company matching
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus nine paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Free gym membership
- Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival
Infrastructure Developer positions are also available with Tower’s affiliates based in Gurgaon and London. Tower’s rapidly growing affiliates offer benefits and opportunities for growth similar to those provided by Tower.
Please send your resume, transcript(s) (unofficial, electronic copies are sufficient), and cover letter to email@example.com. Please entitle your e-mail “Infrastructure Developer: [Your Name].”
Tower is not accepting third-party resume submissions for this position.