Tower Research Capital LLC, a high-frequency proprietary trading firm founded in 1998, is seeking a Helpdesk Administrator to join our Systems team. We are looking for a smart, patient, and dedicated individual who will work with Tower’s employees to resolve hardware and software issues.
As a Helpdesk Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
- Resolving hardware, software, and service issues
- Installing Windows and Linux desktops
- Supporting Windows desktops
- Creating new user accounts
- Repairing and upgrading hardware including servers, desktops, laptops, printers, and scanners
- Racking and stacking servers
- Installing, configuring, and supporting phones
- Supporting e-mail administration
- Managing and maintaining information on Tower’s internal wiki page
- Researching materials for orders through vendors
The ideal candidate will have:
- A solid knowledge of PC hardware and computer internals
- Prior desktop support experience
- The ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware failures
- A passion for technology
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- The ability to balance and reprioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work well as part of a team that supports production, back-office computing, and end user support functions
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- A working knowledge of Linux (preferred)
- An educational background in computer science or IT (preferred)
Tower's main office and garden roofdeck are located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. While we work hard, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life.
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with company matching
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus nine paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Free gym membership
- Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tower is not accepting third-party resume submissions for this position.