Director of Global Payroll and Benefits
Tower Research Capital LLC seeks a Director of Global Payroll and Benefits to support the firm’s rapid global expansion. The Director will be based in New York and work closely with members of our global Recruiting and Human Resources team, reporting to the Executive Director of Recruiting and Human Resources.
- Coordinate and manage the entire payroll process internally for our entities. The current list includes the U.S., the UK, Singapore, and several other European and APAC countries.
- Research and implement the entire payroll process for new entities, including selecting and liaising with external payroll providers.
- Identify and manage critical and time-sensitive issues to ensure compliance with jurisdiction-specific deadlines and regulations. Field employee inquiries equally diligently.
- Liaise with our Accounting team to ensure the timely transfer of funds and accurate tracking of cost allocations.
- Complete all jurisdiction-specific employee reports and filings, such as Form P11D in the UK and Form IR8A in Singapore.
- Develop and execute strategies to centralize and streamline payroll processing.
- Coordinate and manage Tower’s statutory and elective benefits programs around the world.
- Research and implement benefits programs for new and existing Tower entities, striving to make those programs both competitive in their local markets and commensurate with Tower’s global standards.
- Develop and execute communication strategies to educate employees on payroll and benefits programs, policies, and tools.
- Study existing and new legislation to stay abreast of industry trends and legal changes.
- Eventually, facilitate a PEO migration for our U.S. entity.
Tower is not a typical company, and this is not an average HR position. Likewise, you will have to be unusually talented to score an interview. Our ideal candidate is willing to make at least a two-year commitment and must have the following:
- 5 – 7 years of progressive experience in a payroll role with exposure to benefits preferred
- Familiarity with payroll and associated tax regulations in at least one relevant country
- Experience managing a PEO migration from start to finish preferred
- Exposure to global mobility and relocation programs preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to flourish in a team environment across multiple offices, time zones, and cross-cultural environments
- Ability to navigate growth, change, and ambiguity with a sense of humor
Tower continues to enhance the in-house trading system and strategies that have positioned the firm as a leader in the thriving field of quantitative trading. While Tower offers challenges and rewards rivaling those of any Wall Street firm, Tower’s cubicle-free workplace, jeans-clad workforce, and well-stocked kitchens reflect the premium the firm places on quality of life. Tower’s main office and garden roofdeck are located in TriBeCa, a neighborhood in downtown Manhattan. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with company matching
- Five weeks of paid vacation per year plus 10 paid holidays
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Free gym membership
- Free tickets to New York events, including the US Open and TriBeCa Film Festival
Please send your resume (including GPA) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please entitle your e-mail "Director of Global Payroll and Benefits: [Your Name]" and answer the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. Why are you a strong candidate for this position?
3. When would you be available to begin work?
Tower is not accepting third-party resume submissions for this position.