Compliance Associate - London
Spire Europe Limited seeks an experienced Compliance Associate to join its London team. The role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to gain experience in a growing industry, to collaborate with the firm’s senior management, and to develop his or her own skills. This role offers many opportunities for professional development in a quickly growing firm.
Spire Europe is an FCA-authorised firm based in central London. The firm engages in proprietary trading over exchanges, MTFs, and other markets in Europe. Spire Europe is affiliated with Tower Research Capital LLC in the United States.
The Compliance Associate will report to Spire Europe’s Director of Compliance. He or she will work closely with the Director of Compliance and other senior management to assist with a variety of tasks, including:
- Managing the compliance monitoring programme and business procedures
- Updating the firm’s compliance manual and systems and controls documents
- Communicating and building relationships with regulators and other industry bodies
- Keeping abreast of applicable regulatory changes and communicating them to others within the firm and group
- Providing guidance and training to employees on compliance-related matters
- Liaising with other functions within the firm and group
- Working with the Risk team on the monitoring of trading strategies and change- management procedures
- Completing other tasks as assigned by the Director of Compliance
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of professional experience in a similar role at a proprietary trading firm, exchange, bank, or regulator. In addition to his or her professional experience, he or she will have a track record of success at a strong university and:
- A sound understanding of FCA, ESMA, and EU compliance and regulatory rules
- Experience with FCA transaction reporting (a strong plus)
- Experience with market abuse monitoring tools (a strong plus)
- Experience with drafting and reviewing ICAAP documents (a strong plus)
- The motivation to go the extra mile to get things done
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail
- The ability to work and prioritize independently along with the judgment to involve management with issues as needed
- Exceptional analytical abilities and experience presenting data to assist in strategic decision-making
- Experience with FCA exams or holding/having held a controlled function (a strong plus)
- Fluency in additional language(s), especially Spanish, Italian, or French (a plus)
Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
- Competitive salary
- Free breakfast, lunch, and snacks on a daily basis
- Five weeks of paid holiday per year plus bank and public holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
Please click here. In your cover letter, please include your answers to the following questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. What is the most important skill needed to be an outstanding compliance professional?
3. What is the role of a compliance department?
4. What is your compensation history, and what are your compensation expectations?
5. Please summarize your relevant experience and how it will serve you in this role.